Airbnb does more than just provide a platform for people to find places to stay. Airbnb acts as a versatile platform for investors to enter into the lucrative world of short-term rentals.
But as any experienced Airbnb host knows, providing a great experience for your guests is essential to getting good reviews and repeat business. And with over 7 million listings worldwide, how do you make sure your property stands out from the crowd?
One way to ensure a great guest experience is to have accurate and up-to-date listings. Be sure to include clear and accurate photos, as well as all the details guests will need to know about your property.
Another key element is communication; be sure to respond quickly to any questions or concerns your guests may have. Finally, having a selection of supplies on hand (such as toiletries, towels, and kitchen supplies) will help your guests feel at home and make their stay more enjoyable.
But those are just the basics.
For example, did you know that Airbnb guests are more likely to book a listing if it has an outdoor space? Or that almost half of all guests said they would pay more for a listing with a hot tub?
Our ultimate Airbnb host checklist will help you get started. By the end of this blog post, you’ll be well on your way to successfully hosting on Airbnb.
Let’s Start With the Basics: Before Becoming an Airbnb Host
There are a lot of things to consider when listing your home on Airbnb for the first time. Before you jump into setting up an Airbnb account, you should establish how much time you have to dedicate to managing your Airbnb. For most property owners, this can become a full-time job if you’re not enlisting the services of a property management team.
Then you’ll need to:
- identify your investment objectives;
- establish a budget for preparing the property to make it appealing to potential guests;
- conduct research to ensure that you are familiar with local laws and regulations as well as the rules for being on the Airbnb platform;
- consider host protection insurance (for property damage) and personal liability insurance;
- get familiar with the Airbnb host guarantee terms and conditions;
- create a marketing plan (advertising on the Airbnb website isn’t your only option); and
- set a fair price for your rental based on comparable Airbnb properties in the area.
By taking the time to prepare ahead of time, you can ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience for both you and your guests.
Essential Amenities for Your Airbnb Listing
When it comes to making your Airbnb guests feel at home, it’s all about the little things. From fresh towels and crisp bed linens to a well-stocked kitchen, there are a few key amenities that can really make a difference in your guest’s stay.
Here’s a quick checklist of items that are sure to please your Airbnb guests:
- Fresh towels: Guests should have access to clean towels at all times, so be sure to stock up on plenty of fresh towels.
- A well-stocked kitchen: A kitchen that is fully stocked with basic necessities is always appreciated by guests. Be sure to have plenty of dishes, silverware, cooking utensils, and cleaning supplies on hand. Beyond that, consider adding cooking staples such as cooking oil, salt and pepper, sugar and sweetener, as well as tea, coffee and milk.
- Toiletries: Guests will appreciate having access to basic toiletries such as soap, shampoo, and toothpaste. You may also want to consider providing other items such as beach towels or hiking gear if you are located in an area with lots of outdoor activities.
- Wifi: Wifi is now essential for most travellers, so be sure to provide access to a reliable network.
There are also certain things that your property must contain in order to comply with holiday rental regulations and the Airbnb host program, such as fire extinguishers, for example. So before you even prepare the property with the basic amenities, make sure you’re stocking up on the regulatory amenities.
Amenities to Increase the Wow Factor
You’ll be surprised at how many visitors appreciate having enough adapters for plug points. And if you’re one to go the extra mile, have a few travel adapters on hand for your international guests. Other ‘extra touch’ amenities you should consider adding to the Airbnb rentals list (especially if you’re looking to reach Superhost status) include:
- complimentary breakfast items;
- a bottle of wine or other regional delicacy upon arrival;
- a hand-written welcome note; and
- discounts at local restaurants or attractions.
By taking the time to add these personal touches, you’ll give your guests a reason to check-in at your Airbnb over a hotel – and ensure that they have a trip to remember.
Automated Check-Ins are a Must
For many hosts, one of the most challenging aspects of Airbnb is managing check-ins. Having to coordinate with guests on their arrival times can be difficult, especially if you have back-to-back bookings. And waiting around to let them into your home can be a major inconvenience.
Fortunately, automated check-ins are now the way forward, making the experience much more efficient for both hosts and guests.
With automated check-ins, guests can use a keyless entry system to access their rental unit at their convenience. This means they don’t have to coordinate their check-in time with the host, and they can come and go as they please. For hosts, this can free up a significant amount of time, as they no longer need to wait around to let guests in.
Overall, automated Airbnb check-ins offer a more convenient and efficient experience for both hosts and guests.
Consider Airbnb Property Management Services for Your Airbnb Business
Evidently, Airbnb hosting can be a time-consuming and complex process. From marketing your investment property and screening guests to handling maintenance and dealing with difficult situations, there is a lot to consider.
Fortunately, there are now a number of companies that offer Airbnb property management services. These companies can handle all aspects of the rental process, from promoting the property and communicating with guests to handling bookings and dealing with any problems that may arise.
As a result, property owners can enjoy all the benefits of being an Airbnb host without any of the hassle. If you’re thinking about renting out your property on Airbnb, be sure to consider all your options before making a decision.
How Can GrowHOST Help?
GrowHOST was founded on the desire to bring professional hotel industry expertise to the Airbnb sector and assist investors in maximising their investment returns.
With over 75 years of combined experience in the hospitality industry, our team has the knowledge and experience to help you maximise your ROI.
We offer a wide range of services, from listing optimisation and pricing strategy to housekeeping and maintenance. We also provide 24/7 customer support for your guests. With GrowHOST, you can be confident that your investment is in good hands.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you achieve your goals.